Although the general consensus between respected fashion magazines is that dangerously thin runway models today are all-too-common in the industry; designers, consumers, bookers and brands must all agree to change the limits of what’s expected of models to illicit change across the board. We read of 90′s superstars revealing their past excesses to remain thin & can conclude it’s a neccessary evil for success- OR we can realize a lot of young models don’t know how to say no to work, no to their bookers and no to size zero.
Views will always change over the ideal body shape for runway models and women in general- we hope in the years moving forward that designers will look back on waif thin, skinny-chic models as a temporary blip in fashion ideology.
CONTACT SUPERMODELEDHAVE A QUESTION? SEND US AN EMAIL email@example.com
POPULAR THIS WEEK
- BTS: SHOOTING CR FASHION BOOK ISSUE 3 09.10.2013
- MODEL HYPE :: ROMANIAN MODEL ANDREEA DIACONU 09.09.2013
- IN NEW YORK? JOIN MODELS AGAINST ADDICTIONS EVENT SEPTEMBER 8th 09.07.2013
- NATURAL SUNBURN REMEDIES FROM DOWN UNDER 09.06.2013
- VINTAGE HÉRVE LÉGER + 90's SUPERMODELS = SUPER AWESOME 09.05.2013
- SUPERMODEL CARRÉ OTIS IS OUR SEPTEMBER SUPER-MENTOR 09.03.2013
- HOLY WATER! MAKE WAY FOR MICELLE CLEANSING WATER :: PART 1 09.03.2013
- UNUSUAL SMOOTHIE RECIPES YOU'LL SOON BE BFF'S WITH 08.31.2013