CONTACT SUPERMODELEDHAVE A QUESTION? SEND US AN EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
POPULAR THIS WEEK
- BTS: SHOOTING CR FASHION BOOK ISSUE 3 09.10.2013
- MODEL HYPE :: ROMANIAN MODEL ANDREEA DIACONU 09.09.2013
- IN NEW YORK? JOIN MODELS AGAINST ADDICTIONS EVENT SEPTEMBER 8th 09.07.2013
- NATURAL SUNBURN REMEDIES FROM DOWN UNDER 09.06.2013
- VINTAGE HÉRVE LÉGER + 90's SUPERMODELS = SUPER AWESOME 09.05.2013
- SUPERMODEL CARRÉ OTIS IS OUR SEPTEMBER SUPER-MENTOR 09.03.2013
- HOLY WATER! MAKE WAY FOR MICELLE CLEANSING WATER :: PART 1 09.03.2013
- UNUSUAL SMOOTHIE RECIPES YOU'LL SOON BE BFF'S WITH 08.31.2013
Tag Archives: fitness models
The latter had my sister looking at me a bit weirdly at the beginning of the year when I first read the short and informative book. As a healthy woman in my mid-twenties with a grandmother who passed away from breast and stomach cancer, I found the book a perfect reference on the simple tools of diet and exercise that we can all use for better breast health.
Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli enjoy the limelight, applauded for their effect on oestrogens “the indole-3 carbinol from broccoli halts the growth of breast cancer cells by turning off a key enzyme important for the cells’ growth cycle”.
That’s good news for anyone who enjoys their cabbage, kale, bok choy, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, collards, radish, watercress, turnip, horseradish, savoy cabbage, rutabaga and mustard seed!
With the sun on my back and a little sea breeze drying my wet hair it’s the bigger book of the two that I come back to time and time again for the yummy veggie recipes and the simple quinoa recipe that I’ll never remember by heart. Paltrow collects all your best intentions for your food and mashes them into this book. It’s a book for omnivores, or for vegetarians who cook for omnivores and I can’t say enough good things.
In the spirit of breast cancer prevention… try these cruciferous recipes for yourself via Gwyneths blog, GOOP
Collard Roll Ups with Coconut Curry Kale
Moroccan Beet Greens
Three Bean Salad with Sauteed Chard
Read, Eat + Enjoy!! xxGoogle+